Intus is one of the most experienced colorectal specialist practices in the South Island, performing hundreds of procedures each year including the delivery of endoscopy services in Queenstown.
Continued growth has meant that we require an Endoscopy Team Leader to head our Queenstown endoscopy unit and its clinical nursing team. This is a permanent role with variable hours with most hours worked during our 2 weekly clinics each month.
In this role you will have primary responsibility for the planning and delivery of the Queenstown endoscopy service and you will work alongside fellow members of the leadership team to ensure the continued delivery of high standards of patient focused care, ongoing quality improvement and service excellence initiatives. You must be highly organised, able to think proactively and problem solve, and have great IT skills because this is an innovative environment where IT and new ideas are keenly embraced.
Our patients tell us that what sets us apart is our commitment to them and the delivery of outstanding quality in every aspect of their care. That matters hugely to every member of our team and we take great pride in making that happen. If you are someone who wants to be part of a great team that works together to deliver that every day we would really like to hear from you.
Responsibilities of the Role include;
- Leading and participating in the provision of professional nursing care for the diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy services provided by Intus in Queenstown and the Lakes District.
- Leading the delivery of effective workload management through teamwork and flexible rostering that is responsive to the changing needs of the business and patient care requirements
- Managing supplies and inventory for optimal service provision.
- Oversight of staffing and clinical nursing practice for these services and the management and supervision of staff training and service quality.
- Utilisation, maintenance and review of technology, (in conjunction with the directors and management), relating to the complex medical equipment for a variety of endoscopic procedures.
Quality and Risk Management
- Evaluation of nursing team skills balance and individual performance based on organisational objectives, professional practice and quality standards, (DAA/EQuIP 6).
- Fostering an environment of cultural awareness and sensitivity to the individual cultural, religious or spiritual needs of patients at Intus.
It is essential that you are a NZ Registered Nurse with strong clinical leadership experience and, ideally, some experience of endoscopy. You will apply this experience to ensure the very best clinical nursing practice and management of patient care for a variety of endoscopic procedures.
Our ideal candidate will;
- have 2+ year's leadership experience in a clinical environment
- pride themselves on providing outstanding patient-focused clinical care
- have well-developed communication and organisational skills
- be a leader who manages effectively through influence and has the respect of their team
- be a proactive thinker and problem-solver and is comfortable with technology in an environment where IT and new ideas are keenly embraced
What we offer is;
- competitive remuneration at above MECA rates
- regular, daytime working hours
- a supportive and engaged leadership environment
- excellent opportunities for ongoing education and a commitment to professional development.
We look forward to hearing from nursing leaders who would like to join and lead our great t