Queenstown locals on the loose


Queenstown police busy with boozing, brown-eyes and petty theft this past week.
On Sunday morning a local was arrested after he pulled a brown-eye at a man, acting sergeant Phill Hamlin says.
The 21-year-old male had a heated argument with another man in the Queenstown McDonald’s McCafe.
“He’s then exposed his buttocks – chucked a brown-eye through the window which upset the other man and the situation turned ugly,” Hamlin says.
“He was with his girlfriend and you wonder why you would put up with it – I certainly wouldn’t.”
The brown-eye culprit has been charged with offensive behaviour.
A 27-year-old man has been arrested after $560 was stolen from a local painting business. 

Three instalments of cash were taken from float tins between March and May this year, Hamlin says.
The 27-year-old, arrested on Saturday, is scheduled to appear in Queenstown District Court on Monday.
A local man remained tight-lipped when police found him breaching the town’s liquor ban yesterday morning.
The man, found drinking beer outside the Camp Street Night ‘n’ Day, “was obnoxious to police and definitely failed the lip test,” senior constable Chris Blackford says. 

The 21-year-old was arrested at 3.30am when he refused to give his details to police and was put in the cells to sleep it off, he says.
Nightclub nonsense
A Uruguayan man misbehaving at a resort nightclub was described by police as obnoxious, argumentative and petulant, Blackford says. 

The 30-year-old chef who lives in Queenstown was told to leave the nightclub after he allegedly went behind the bar at 12.30am on Tuesday.
Blackford says when the man returned he was let into the bar only to be noticed by other staff. He was told to leave again but refused and faces an offensive behaviour charge.
An Auckland man allegedly attacked an Australian after a Queens-town nightclub run-in yesterday.
Blackford says the dispute was taken outside the nightclub but an Australian group walked away from the Auckland man and his friends.
The 27-year-old Auckland man chased the group and attacked one of the Australians. 

At 1.40am, the Aucklander entered another nightclub and refused to leave when asked by the door staff. He was restrained until police arrived.
“He wouldn’t leave so maybe he was petulant as well,” Blackford says.
Australian antics 

A cheeky Australian man allegedly left a Queenstown bar with three jackets, a top and scarf – none of which were his – on Tuesday morning.
Queenstown police acting sergeant Terry Wood says the 21-year-old was asked to leave the bar at 2am because of his behaviour or intoxication. 

He told the door staff he needed to get his jacket and instead allegedly picked up five items of clothing that weren’t his. 

He was stopped by door staff as he got into a taxi, Wood says. 

The man is charged with theft and is scheduled to appear in Queenstown District Court on Monday. 

An intoxicated Sydney woman was given a pre-charge warning after piddling outside Queenstown McDonald’s on Tuesday morning, Wood says. 

The 23-year-old was allegedly making a nuisance of herself inside the cafe at 3am before she went outside and urinated. 

A “grossly intoxicated” Australian man was found asleep on a couch at a Gorge Road house on Monday morning, senior constable Blackford says.
The 20-year-old wandered in, snuggled up and fell asleep, later telling police he just wanted to sleep. He was arrested at 1.30am after the home owners found him.
“The owners were told to lock the doors in future if they don’t want any unwanted guests,” Blackford says. The man was dealt through the police diversion system.
Not very cherry
A German man told police he didn’t have to pay for cherries he ate while shopping at FreshChoice – because he didn’t like them.
Police were called after the 22-year-old who lives in Dunedin refused to pay the $5 price, acting sergeant Hamlin says.
He ended up paying for the bunch and received a pre-charge warning.
An Englishman at World Bar allegedly punched a security guard in the face after he was asked to leave, Hamlin says.
The 29-year-old was asked to leave after an argument but instead allegedly pushed the guard against a wall and punched him, Hamlin says.
He was restrained until police arrived and charged with assault.
Bail breach 

An American spent the night in police cells after breaching his bail conditions on Monday night.
Wood says the man was put on bail after damaging a backpacker lodge’s door. 

On Monday night police checked the man’s house at his curfew but he was not home. 

“When he did return he was locked up in the cells for the night,” Wood says.