A Queenstown-based tourism giant is offering locals cut-price cruises and trips – with all proceeds going to the Christchurch earthquake appeal.
The trips at the heavily discounted rates are available to residents of Southland, Otago, Central Otago and Canterbury.
Every cent spent by a local on the Real Journeys’ excursions will go to the New Zealand Red Cross.
Real Journeys chief executive Dave Hawkey says: “We wanted to do something that would raise substantial funds and give our loyal locals some enjoyment at the same time.
“We’re also aware some locals have not had the chance to explore the World Heritage Area that is virtually next door to us.”
Proof of address is required.
Trips available are:
• Milford Sound Day Cruises ex Milford (all daytime sailings) Sun 17 April $20 Adult, $10 Child (usually $66 – $92 Adult, $22 Child)
• TSS Earnslaw Cruises (all sailings) Sun 10 April $20 Adult, $10 Child (usually $50 Adult, $22 Child)
• Doubtful Sound Day Excursion ex Queenstown Sun 3 April $100 Adult, $50 Child (usually $350 Adult, $175 Child)
• Dusky Sound Day Excursion ex Manapouri Sat 28 May $175 Adult (Special one-off excursion)
• Te Anau Glowworm Caves ex Te Anau Sun 10 April (12.45pm, 3.15pm) $30 Adult, $10 Child (Usually $67 Adult, $22 Child)
• Stewart Island Lodge & ferry Sat 30 April $198 Adult (twin share) (usually $277 adult)
• Milford Track day walk with cruise ex Te Anau Downs Sun 27 Mar $60 Adult, $15 Child (usually $115 Adult, $44 Child)
The death toll from the devastating February 22 earthquake stands at 166 and Christchurch itself faces a multi-billion dollar rebuild.