– An interesting take on the usual ‘Such and such wanted’ job ad in Mountain Scene last week. The World Bar were advertising for a “chef lovingly desired”.
– Speaking of job ads, others of note included a human resources officer at Lakes Leisure, a council controlled organisation, which – as of last Wednesday – is being disestablished. Given the uncertainty rife amongst staff there now, an HR officer will no doubt be kept quite busy.
– Meanwhile, NZ Post is after a new postie, and you must “have a high level of integrity”. No kidding …
– Great line-up of local and visiting DJ talent at Bunker this Easter. If you’re in there, you may or may not appreciate the following sign: ‘Objects in this mirror may appear more intelligent than they really are’.
– Wouldn’t it be great if the new footpath work on Athol Street extended to actually sorting the diabolical nature of the street – namely, that the only way out if you enter from the wrong side is via the KFC drive-through (unless you want to break the law).
Got some Small Talk goss? Email firstname.lastname@example.org