– Sorry, ladies – Remarkables Park developer Alastair Porter is off the market. He married Paula Jalfon at Mt Soho Winery, Arrowtown, last Friday.
– Ngai Tahu Tourism southern boss and longtime former Destination Queenstown boss David Kennedy notched a milestone this week – evergreen Kennedy turned 50.
– Visiting Queenstown this Easter were Australian media personality Kate Waterhouse – the daughter of famous horse trainer Gai Waterhouse – and Kate’s husband, former Roosters league star Luke Ricketson.
– Fae Robertson has a special claim to fame in terms of the upgraded Queenstown Memorial Centre – she was part of the community choir at the recent centre reopening and was also in a dance troupe on stage when it originally opened in 1959.
– Which Queenstown Tennis Club member yelled ‘Shoot your dog!’ in frustration, when a passing pooch being walked in the Gardens started barking as they were about to serve?
– Ouch! A competitor in Queenstown Bike Fest’s new Mega Avalanche race down the Remarkables was knocked off by wind gusts from a low-flying chopper.
Got some Small Talk goss? Email firstname.lastname@example.org