MORE than 1400 households in Queenstown are being told to prepare for a night without power.
Lines company Aurora Energy has restored power to more than 3000 customers throughout the day.
Crews remain on-site this evening in Arrowtown, Dalefield, Queenstown and Frankton, to repair faults caused by snowload on trees and branches.
But conditions are hampering their efforts.
Aurora external relations advisor Karen Melville said: “Line crews are working hard to restore power in challenging conditions as off-road conditions are treacherous and tracks are hidden and very slippery.
“The safety of the public and line crews is of utmost importance at all times.
“The public is reminded to always keep well clear of fallen power lines or damaged electrical equipment and treat them as live at all times.
Power remains out for 1436 people in the following areas. Affected customers should prepare to be without power overnight.
- 285 customers in Fernhill are without power
- 379 customers in Lake Hayes and Gibbston Valley are without power
- 73 customers in Speargrass Flat and Lower Shotover are without power
- 360 customers in Glenorchy are without power
- 270 customers in Dalefield (Malaghans Road, Arthurs Point and Coronet Peak Road) are without power
- 69 customers in Littles Road, Queenstown are without power.
Glenorchy Road will remain closed overnight.