Are you ready to make your mark in Queenstown?
Despite the challenges that 2020 has provided, Affleck O’Meara remain in a growth phase supporting a diverse client base covering everything from tourism to construction and all the pieces in between. The firm has four offices across the Southern Lakes/Central Otago area and is led by four inspirational and hands-on Partners.
We have an exciting new opportunity for an experienced Accountant to join our team.
This could be the next big opportunity for the right candidate who can understand the “bigger picture” and want to help their clients and team realise their true potential. In turn, we aim to help you realise your own true potential.
What would you be doing?
- Preparation of NZ Financial statements and tax returns for all entity types
- Advisory work for clients including feasibilities, budgeting and general commercial advice
- Managing workflow for Queenstown team
- Reviewing work submitted by junior staff
- Liaising with clients and handling their enquiries and requirements
- Management reporting for clients including cashflow forecasting etc
- Advanced project advisory work including valuations, corporate restructuring etc (full training/mentoring to be provided)
What skills do you need to apply?
- 5+ years’ experience in NZ public practice
- Ability to prepare & interpret financials and tax positions for all types of entities and industries
- Sound understanding of the NZ tax system
- Ability to liaise well with staff and clients and share your wisdom in a straight forward, easy to understand manner
- Experience with preparing client management reports including budgets, cashflows etc
- Experience in working with Xero, MS Office and other comparable programmes
This is not your average garden variety accounting environment. The firm believes in doing their absolute best for all clients, handsomely rewarding our superhero staff for their efforts and just being plain good guys. We set no limits as to how far you can progress with us. We will support & nurture you to enable you to achieve all your career goals – even to become Partner if that is your ultimate goal.
The firm’s employees come from varied backgrounds and all staff have access to the senior Partners. This gives everyone the opportunity to learn from the best and to be part of a fantastic culture with a healthy work/life balance which encourages our superheroes to stick around for a long time.
So, if you’re ready to showcase your skills and can demonstrate experience in the required areas, please send us a CV & covering letter to email@example.com