Are you ready to make your mark in Queenstown?
Affleck O’Meara are in a rapid growth phase supporting a diverse client base covering everything from tourism to construction and all the bits in between. The firm has four offices across the Southern Lakes/Central Otago area and is well led by five inspirational and hands-on Partners with big plans for more talent to join up in 2021.
We have an exciting new opportunity for an experienced Accountant to join our team. This could be the next big opportunity for the right candidate who can understand the “bigger picture” and want to help their clients and team realise their true potential. In turn, we aim to help you realise your own career aspirations.
What would you be doing?
- Preparation of NZ Financial statements and tax returns for all entity types
- Managing workflow for Queenstown team
- Reviewing work submitted by junior staff
- Liaising with clients and handling their enquiries and requirements
- Management reporting for clients including forecasting etc
- Ad hoc project work including valuations, corporate restructuring etc (full support provided)
What skills do you need to apply?
- 3+ years’ experience in NZ public practice
- CA or equivalent preferred
- Ability to prepare & interpret financials and tax positions for all types of entities and industries
- Sound understanding of the NZ tax system
- Ability to liaise well with staff and clients and share your wisdom in a straight forward, easy to understand manner
- Experience with preparing client management reports including budgets, cashflows etc.
- Experience in working with Xero, MS Office and other comparable programmes
This is not your average garden variety accounting environment. The firm believes in doing their absolute best for all clients, handsomely rewarding our superhero staff for their efforts and just being plain good guys. We set no limits as to how far you can progress with us. We will support & nurture you to enable you to achieve all your career goals.
The firm’s employees come from varied backgrounds and all staff have access to the senior managers. This gives everyone the opportunity to learn from the best and to be part of a fantastic culture with a healthy work/life balance.
If you think you would be a good fit for our team and can demonstrate experience in the required areas, please send us a CV & covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org